The extra time it takes to transmit your move to ICC and your opponent's move back to you is known as lag. Lag affects all iPhone games to varying degrees, and signal strength affects the amount of lag you experience. If you have less than full bars, you can expect to have more lag. With that in mind, you can offset lag by picking a time control that compensates you for lag by selecting a larger time control and larger increment (seconds returned to your clock after you move). Trying to play fast games when you are experiencing lag will often result in a time loss.
Articles in this section
- I get a password error when logging in. What now? (iOS)
- My opponent disconnected. How do I finish the game? (iOS)
- What is the console and how do I use it? (iOS)
- How to ensure sound works in the app (iPhone/iPad)
- How do I use the analysis engine?
- Why am I getting disconnected?
- What do I get with membership?
- Can my games be emailed to me?
- What devices/platforms can I use to connect to ICC?
- When does my account expire?